WE NEED JEFFERSON BACK!
Thomas Jefferson - Words of Wisdom
1. When we get piled upon one another in large cities,
as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
2. The democracy will cease to exist when you take
away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
3. It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own
debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the
wars of the world. Thomas Jefferson
4. I predict future happiness for Americans if they
can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under
the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson
5. My reading of history convinces me that most bad
government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson
6. No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
7. The strongest reason for the people to retain the
right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson
8. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to
time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson
9. To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the
propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and
tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson
And One Very Interesting Quote
In light of the present financial crisis, it's
interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
'I believe that banking institutions are more
dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people
ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first
by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will
grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until
their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers